NATIONAL BASS ASSOICATION FOR THE DEAF
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
NBAD Tournament Rules shall apply to Team Tournament on all three days, usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The rules will be interpreted by official Tournament Director and final decisions are upon the majority of the board.
- Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship shall be promptly disqualified for the entire tournament.
- Intoxication and/or illegal drug use will be result an automatic disqualification for the entire tournament.
- First disqualification comes with two year suspension.
- Second disqualification, a lifetime suspension shall be imposed.
- Only black bass (largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass) may be caught.
- Participation in Team Tournament is open to any deaf or hard of hearing only.
- Contestant must be deaf or hard of hearing and use sign language, at least to have a comfortable conversation.
- Contestant must be at least 18 years old.
CONTESTANTS IN TEAM TOURNAMENT
- A team consists of two persons only.
- The organization have no responsibility for providing any available contestants to anyone or pairing of contestants.
- No transfer of contestants to other team shall take the place for any given reason after the close of registration.
- Both contestants are encouraged to select water routes and fishing spots equally.
- Fair shares on any expense of using the boat are encouraged and will be responsibility of both contestants.
- Non-boater shall not be responsible for expenses that incurred with any breakdown on any equipment including the boat. Only the boat owner shall be responsible for maintenance and expenses on his/her boat.
- In a case of boat break down, the team can switch to another boat as long they transfer the boat number card after getting authorization from the tournament director or NBAD officials.
TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
- Only artificial lures shall be used.
- Only one line may be in the water at any time and casted only from the boat.
- Trolling by using gas-powered engine is prohibited.
- Usage of any electronic devices or thermometers, etc. may be used.
- Line can be casted out only when the outboard is NOT running. Both contestants’ lines must be out of water completely BEFORE starting the outboard engine.
- Any water mentioned on the NBAD official flyer must be fished in.
- No fishing shall be permitted within 50 yards of NBAD Headquarters, checkpoint area or another contestant’s boat who have anchored.
- Bank fishing is prohibited.
- Check-out and check-in at the checkpoint area with tournament committee is required.
- Tournament officials must inspect the boat, equipment and live well at the checkpoint or staging area before taking off.
- Team must have the boat number card at both check-out and check-in.
- Team may return to dock area/checkpoint for lunch or rest but they shall not report for the weigh-in until 30 minutes before the end time.
- In case with inclement weather, NBAD officials may schedule a different times for check-out and checkin.
- The tournament time shall be from sunrise or 6:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- The scheduled times shall be applicable unless the state and/or local game regulations whichever is stricter.
- All boats must have the following items: working kill switch, two life jackets, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, one throw cushion, and horn and/or whistle.
- Kill switch must be engaged while the engine is operating.
- Live wells must be empty before the start of each day. Live wells must be working on each day.
- For subsequent inspections, only three items are inspected: live well, lifejackets and registration badges
- All contestants are required to wear the Coast Guard approved life jackets and must be zipped, buckled and/or clasped at all the times when the boat is in motion.
- Rental boat may be used, but subjected to all above boat requirements.
- Weight-in time shall not begin 30 minutes before the end time.
- Scoring at the weigh-in shall be based on pounds with two decimal places.
- The minimum legal bass requirement shall be 12 inches or longer or in accordance with state and local game regulation whichever is stricter.
- The legal length measurement shall be measured from the closed mouth to the compressed tail.
- The maximum limit of bass shall be 5 per team, per day or in accordance with state and local game regulations.
- If a bag is brought in to the weight station has more than the limit of 5 bass, the largest bass will be
tossed out until five bass is reached. All tossed out bass will not be transferred to any other team.
- Any bass that is less than the legal size (SCORING #3) will be tossed out and not weighted in and 0.50 pound will be deducted from the total weight.
- Each bass brought in dead will deduct 0.50 pound.
- Any team who is not in the official checkpoint area at the announced arrival time shall be penalized at the rate of 1 pound per minute for the day. After 15 minutes late, the team will be disqualified for the day.
1. If a tie is apparent; all prizes shall be dividend equally.
- All contestants shall be required to register at NBAD Headquarters on the day before the start of the tournament.
- All contestants shall be required to sign the wavier of liability.
- All contestants shall be required to show their valid fishing license.
- Boater will be required to show proof of liability insurance at registration time.
- All contestants are required to attend the team meeting held after the registration.
- There shall be no guide for hire within fourteen days prior to the start of the tournament.
- With evidence as a proof of hiring a guide, both contestants will be disqualified from the Team Tournament.
- Any contestant who receives an infraction ticket from any game warden during tournament shall be cause for automatic disqualification for the day.
- The team weight-in score will be recorded as zero for that respective day.
- A team who is disqualified for any days can weigh the bag in case of appeal, then team must in writing with signature and presented to NBAD Tournament Director within 30 minutes after the conclusion of official weigh-in time.
- If there is evidence of any rule violations uncovered at a later time, Tournament Director and NBAD officials reserve right to review the score and take whatever actions if deem necessary.
Revised March 2015